Monday 3 March 2014

Pulse (Music Magazine) Contents Page (Draft)

This is the first draft of my Contents page. I am happy with the way it came together, as it conveys the tone and intentions of the magazine quickly and easily through the use of colour, though it does look a bit spacious. Feedback from peers has told me that they believe the panel of names to the right looks very small and spacious for an area so large, so I've decided that I will replace this with some images; the images I use will feature small numbers, indicating the page that the picture is related to, so as to aid in navigation and make the magazine pages and stories feel more connected and in tune. I'll also be fixing a small issue where the bleed margin has not cut off the edges of the image, leaving the chain in the corner to be cut short; it only just reaches the bleed margin due to the photograph I took, and I didn't want it to be too large on the page, nor did I expect the bleed margin to appear. I have also decided that I should give credit to the photographer if I am to remove the panel, and so will attack some small text to the image doing so. I am going to keep the border of chains (multiples of my chain photograph) as it helps with the general tone of the magazine and helps establish the genre further. I am pleased with the way that I was able to construct the page, and believe that the elements of the page, however small, have all proven necessary and conveyed the intended tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment