Sunday 23 March 2014

Pulse Front Cover Final

This is my Cover after a few tweaks suggested in my feedback


I decided that I would leave the majority of the page alone, as it seemed to use forms and convention of existing magazines well enough to be recognised and appreciated for it's genre. However I did decide to take the advice from my feedback and change the colour of the 'Rise Up!' text to match that of the model's hair, bearing some association between the two and ensuring good visibility against the contrasting black background. For this I used the method involving selection and placement of a hue/saturation layer, enabling me to increase the brightness slightly, as well as saturation and colour. I also used this process to change the text above the barcode to red colours to keep with the house style of the magazine, with the 'FIRST ISSUE' text being blue to link back to the model and her significance.

I also changed the brightness of the coverlines slightly to allow for increased visibility; some people commented on how this text was hard to read. I thought about stretching the text across and giving it some width, however I liked the style of it, having seen it used on magazines such as 'Terrorizer'.

I also decided against the idea of changing the model's hair too much, as I felt that there was enough activity on the page for her hair and body to need any adjustment; simplicity is something that I feel could be featured more on my magazine, although the activity on the pages in necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment