Friday 14 March 2014

(First Draft) Pulse magazine double page spread




















Feedback from my peers revealed that with the first page, the main image I used was not professional enough, and didn't feature the clarity that should be used with such a large and focal image. I was displeased with the image myself, as it had not had much editing and so had a few flaws, but it was difficult to edit with the lighting used. Due to these reasons, I have decided that I will find a more suitable image from the selection I gathered with the photoshoots I did.

The title will obviously stay the same, as I, as well as those who gave feedback, have agreed that the titles used are fine for the genre and theme intended. The chains will also be kept, as they help maintain the house style and do not disrupt the page much at all.

I think that I will add a splash of colour to this page, as well as a large quote of some sort, as I have found this to be conventional to the genre. I will also change the background colour to black, and raise the brightness of the box containing the standfirst so as to give the page clarity and visibility in all aspects. I have not deviated from my flat plans very much.

For the second page, I stayed with my flatplan quite well, maintaining the formality of columns while including themes of the metal genre. However, feedback pointed out that I could include some kind of border for the text, as it looks jumbled in the places with quotes, and has no division apart from a small white space between the columns. It would also be very difficult to fit my interview into the space allowed if I were to include areas for other stories, however I do like the idea of a banner across the top containing key information, though I will relate it completely to the story of the pages here opposed to other stories. I will also include another image somewhere on the page, as my feeback has told me that too much text is sometimes bad to have in a magazine, as the audience wants to see pictures related to the story opposed to a solid body of text; people of the target audience, as shown in other metal orientated magazines, like lots of different images related to the story or article they're featured near, which is why I will also do something to the quotes to bolden or stand them out; the page feels a little dull in colour at the moment.

(The text used is foreign, as it is temporary filler, of which will be replaced with the story and interview at a later stage).

No comments:

Post a Comment